David K. Gildea
- Baltimore County Historical Preservation Task Force, Chair
- Baltimore County Renaissance PILOT Program Task Force, Member
- Baltimore City Mayor Catherine Pugh, Member, 2016
- Baltimore County School Superintendent S. Dallas Dance, Member, 2012
- Baltimore County Executive James T. Smith, Jr., DEPRM, PDM and DPW Workgroup, Chair, 2002
- The Star-Spangled Banner Flag House, Immediate Past President
- St. Paul's School for Boys Alumni Board, Past Vice-President
- Community College of Baltimore County Foundation, Past Member
- Baltimore Chapter Alumni Board for Washington and Lee University, Past President
- Housing Corp. of Alpha Rho Chapter of Beta Theta Pi, Past President
- Homebuilders Association of Maryland, Member
- International Conference of Shopping Centers, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- Builders for the Bay, Member
Commitment to Community Spotlight:
The Star-Spangled Banner Flag House
The Star-Spangled Banner Flag House, formerly the Flag House & Star-Spangled Banner Museum, is a museum located in the Jonestown/Old Town and Little Italy neighborhoods of eastern downtown Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
Built in 1793, it was the home of Mary Pickersgill when she moved to Baltimore in 1806 and the location where she sewed the "Star Spangled Banner," the garrison flag that flew over Fort McHenry in the summer of 1814 during the Battle of Baltimore in the War of 1812. The museum contains furniture and antiques from the period as well as items from the Pickersgill family.
A 12,600-square-foot (1,170 m2) museum was constructed next to Pickersgill's home. This museum houses exhibits on the War of 1812 and the Battle of Baltimore. The museum features a 30 by 42-foot (13 m) tall window which was created to be the same color, size, and design of the original Star-Spangled Banner made by Pickersgill in the adjacent Flag House.