Mariela C. D'Alessio
- Law Day, Annual Participant
- Wills for Heroes, Participant
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Maryland Food Bank, Volunteer
Church-based community outreach:
- Participated with a group of other attorneys in adopting a family for Christmas, providing much needed gifts for an underprivileged family during the holiday season.
- Sitting Judges Campaign, 2014 District Coordinator
Commitment to Community Spotlight:
On May 1 the United States officially recognizes Law Day. It is meant to reflect on the role of law in the foundation of the country and to recognize its importance for society.
The American Bar Association designates a theme to highlight an important issue relating to the law or legal system. The 2014 theme is American Democracy and the Rule of Law: Why Every Vote Matters. The theme reflects the importance of voting rights, ballot box accessibility and voter engagement. The ABA provides resources on its Law Day website, www.lawday.org, to mark the occasion, and also holds several national Law Day programs in Washington, D.C., on April 30 and May 1.