Lawrence E. Schmidt
- Baltimore County Board of Education, Past President
- Greater Towson Committee, Inc., Past President
- Timonium Methodist Church, Board of Trustees
- Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce
- Trial Table Law Club, Secretary
- Homebuilders Association of Maryland, Member
- International Conference of Shopping Centers, Member
- Builders for the Bay, Member
- Local and State Laws Committee Chairman, Baltimore County Bar Association (1999)
- Maryland State Bar Association Board of Governors (1997-1999)
- Lutherville Recreation Council, Softball Program
Commitment to Community Spotlight:
The Greater Towson Committee
GTC is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization, founded in 1979, to promote investment in Towson through development and revitalization of property and infrastructure for the benefit of the greater Towson community. The organization is volunteer driven by experienced business professionals committed to the long term success of Towson.
The Goals and Objectives of the Greater Towson Committee is to help improve the business climate of the Greater Towson core by organizing its corporate and civic leadership to develop solutions to any problems that may affect our region’s viability. The GTC membership is generally made up of those organizations that own commercial real estate or operate a business within the core of Towson or its environs.