Sarah A. Zadrozny
Sarah Zadrozny joined Smith, Gildea & Schmidt in May 2013 as a law clerk. She left in July 2014 to become the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Paul J. Hanley in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County. Sarah returned to the firm as an associate in June 2015. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, including class actions, business and contract litigation, collections, and personal injury.
Originally from Connecticut, Sarah earned her bachelor’s degree in History from Loyola College in Maryland in 2009. Sarah graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2013. During law school, she interned for the Honorable Robert B. Kershaw in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City, the Honorable Kathleen G. Cox in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County, and at the State’s Attorney’s Office for Baltimore City. Active in the law school community, she served as a Teaching Assistant for the Introduction to Lawyering Skills course, participated on the International Environmental Moot Court Team, and served as the Secretary of the school’s chapter of the Women’s Bar Association.
As a result of Sarah’s dedication and professionalism, she was named a Rising Star in the Super Lawyers Magazine in the annual list of top attorneys in Maryland for 2018.
Sarah is a member of the Baltimore County Bar Association, Baltimore County Chapter of the Women’s Bar Association, and the Maryland State Bar Association.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland (2013)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2015)
In the News:
- Michael DeHaven, a partner with Towson-based firm Smith, Gildea & Schmidt LLC, was acknowledged by Super Lawyers magazine for the field of law for 2018 while attorneys Mariela D’Alessio and Sarah Zadrozny were named as “Rising Stars.” DeHaven is an attorney with more than 25 years of litigation experience. His practice primarily focuses on family […]Read More »
- A federal district court in Cincinnati granted what is believed to be the first certification of a class action in a Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act case ever in the Sixth Circuit. In that court, a team of SGS litigation attorneys and their co-counsel are advocating on behalf of borrowers whose mortgage loans are alleged to […]Read More »
Smith, Gildea & Schmidt and Joseph, Greenwald & Laake Announce $400,000 Class Action Settlement for Customers of Chase Bank, Genuine TitleOn May 16, 2016 in U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC and Joseph, Greenwald & Laake,PA filed a Motion to Approve the Settlement for approximately $400,000 on behalf of more than 190 consumers alleged to be victims of an illegal kickback scheme involving Genuine Title of Owings Mills, […]Read More »
- Wells Fargo has agreed to pay about $16.2 million to customers to settle claims over a kickback scheme involving an Owings Mills title company, according to an agreement filed Thursday in U.S. District Court for Maryland. It is the second settlement the bank has reached in connection with the scheme, in which mortgage brokers reportedly […]Read More »
- Read all about it here! CityBizList: http://baltimore.citybizlist.com/article/302036/smith-gildea-schmidt-names-sarah-zadrozny-associate The Baltimore Sun: http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-ugc-photo-smith-gildea-amp-schmidt-names-sarah-zadro-2015-09-27-photo.html Baltimore Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/potmsearch/detail/submission/5116162/Sarah_Zadrozny?l=&time=&ind=&type=&ro=4Read More »