Carmelo D. Morabito
Carmelo D. Morabito joined Smith, Gildea & Schmidt in April 2016 as a paralegal. Originally from New York, Mr. Morabito earned his bachelors and graduated summa cum laude from the St. John’s University College of Professional Studies in 2010. He continued his education with St. Johns University, graduating from the School of Law in 2013. Mr. Morabito was admitted to the New York State Bar in March of 2014. He later gained admission to the Maryland State Bar in December of 2017 and began a position with the firm as an associate in January of 2018.
Mr. Morabito’s exposure to the legal field started in 2005 when he began working in a New York law firm while in high school. As time went on, his duties responsibilities with the firm continued to grow, ultimately leading to his work as an associate attorney upon becoming a member of the New York State Bar. While in New York, Mr. Morabito focused on civil litigation, including various personal injury matters related to motor vehicle collisions, product liability, and premises liability. He gained extensive experience conducting motion practice at both the trial and appellate levels.
While at Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, Mr. Morabito has concentrated predominately on the firm’s complex medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. He brings years of personal injury experience to the firm.
Mr. Morabito is a member of the Baltimore County Bar Association.
In the News:
- Michael G. DeHaven, a partner at Smith, Gildea and Schmidt, LLC will be a presenter at the National Business Institute on April 11, 2018. Subjects will include such legal hurdles such as social media, emails and texts and the hearsay challenges made to same, as well as other evidentiary issues …Read More »
- BALTIMORE, January 29, 2018 — Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS), a regional law firm with offices in Towson and Baltimore, is pleased to announce that Carmelo D. Morabito has been named associate at the firm. Morabito brings years of personal injury experience to SGS, where he started as a …Read More »
- Michael DeHaven, a partner with Towson-based firm Smith, Gildea & Schmidt LLC, was acknowledged by Super Lawyers magazine for the field of law for 2018 while attorneys Mariela D’Alessio and Sarah Zadrozny were named as “Rising Stars.” DeHaven is an attorney with more than 25 years of litigation experience. His …Read More »
- A limited divorce can provide relief to Maryland couples Maryland’s lengthy divorce process can send those seeking to end their marriage into a limbo of insecurity and fear. “People are very concerned about the uncertainty when they first separate,” says Shelly Ingram, a family law attorney in Fulton. “Where is money …Read More »
- If you’re looking for a night of fine food and drinks, music and dancing, and a chance to bid on fabulous auction items all for a great cause, you’ll be in good company at the Best Buddies Maryland Tastebuds event. Best Buddies is a nonprofit organization dedicated to establishing a …Read More »