Smith, Gildea & Schmidt is a regional law firm with 11 lawyers whose practice areas include complex civil litigation, land use, estates and trusts, business law, governmental affairs, and domestic relations, among others. The firm's clients range from multinational corporations to individuals with particular legal needs. The practice encompasses most of the jurisdictions in the State of Maryland and the complex civil litigation section has vast courtroom experience in both the federal and state courts.
- How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out) With all of the changes surrounding social media and email, it’s critical to get up to speed on the latest rules, procedures and case law. Our family law partner, Michael DeHaven, will be teaching part of a full-day, cutting-edge course […]
- Officials with regional law firm Smith, Gildea & Schmidt LLC announced Wednesday that James T. Smith Jr. has left the firm to take on the role of chief of strategic alliances in the administration of Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh and Managing Partner David K. Gildea has been appointed to serve on Pugh’s transition team. Full […]
- Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS) has announced that James T. Smith Jr. has left the firm to take on the role of Chief of Strategic Alliances in newly elected Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh’s administration. Jim Smith initially joined SGS in 2011 after spending eight years as Baltimore County Executive. In May 2013, Smith left […]
- Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS) is pleased to announce that Managing Partner David K. Gildea has been appointed to serve on newly elected Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh’s transition team. He has been named to the Development and Permitting committee of the Transition Team, which has been tasked with providing recommendations for streamlining and refining […]
- Lawrence (Larry) Schmidt of Timonium, Md., has received the alumni community service award from McDaniel College. He is a 1975 alumnus of the college. Presented annually during McDaniel’s Homecoming, the alumni community service award is given to a graduate who has performed outstanding voluntary service to their community beyond normal business or professional obligations. A […]
- BALTIMORE, October 27, 2016 — Jason T. Vettori, a partner of Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS), a regional law firm based in Towson, was recently named the President of the Greater Towson Committee (GTC). GTC is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization founded in 1979 to promote investment in Towson through development and revitalization of […]
- Mariela D’Alessio, an attorney with Smith, Gildea & Schmidt LLC in Towson, was initiated as a Fellow in the Maryland Bar Foundation at their Annual Meeting on June 16. Fellows are limited to no more than 2.5 percent of Maryland State Bar Association membership. D’Alessio, chairwoman of the Estates and Trust Department, joined SGS as […]