Smith, Gildea & Schmidt is a regional law firm with 11 lawyers whose practice areas include complex civil litigation, land use, estates and trusts, business law, governmental affairs, and domestic relations, among others. The firm's clients range from multinational corporations to individuals with particular legal needs. The practice encompasses most of the jurisdictions in the State of Maryland and the complex civil litigation section has vast courtroom experience in both the federal and state courts.
- Michael G. DeHaven, a partner at Smith, Gildea and Schmidt, LLC will be a presenter at the National Business Institute on April 11, 2018. Subjects will include such legal hurdles such as social media, emails and texts and the hearsay challenges made to same, as well as other evidentiary issues as it relates to electronic […]
- BALTIMORE, January 29, 2018 — Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS), a regional law firm with offices in Towson and Baltimore, is pleased to announce that Carmelo D. Morabito has been named associate at the firm. Morabito brings years of personal injury experience to SGS, where he started as a paralegal in 2016. Previously, he […]
- Michael DeHaven, a partner with Towson-based firm Smith, Gildea & Schmidt LLC, was acknowledged by Super Lawyers magazine for the field of law for 2018 while attorneys Mariela D’Alessio and Sarah Zadrozny were named as “Rising Stars.” DeHaven is an attorney with more than 25 years of litigation experience. His practice primarily focuses on family […]
- A limited divorce can provide relief to Maryland couples Maryland’s lengthy divorce process can send those seeking to end their marriage into a limbo of insecurity and fear. “People are very concerned about the uncertainty when they first separate,” says Shelly Ingram, a family law attorney in Fulton. “Where is money going to come from? How […]
- If you’re looking for a night of fine food and drinks, music and dancing, and a chance to bid on fabulous auction items all for a great cause, you’ll be in good company at the Best Buddies Maryland Tastebuds event. Best Buddies is a nonprofit organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates […]
- Michael G. DeHaven has been asked by the Family Law Committee of the BCBA to give a presentation on how to get electronically stored information, such as emails, texts, web pages, etc. admitted into evidence. He has written articles on this subject published by the Daily Record and Maryland Family Law Advocate, and has presented […]
- A lawsuit from a business group and others seeking to stop the development of an affordable apartment complex in Owings Mills has been dismissed. The lawsuit challenging the approval of a planned unit development that allows for the construction of Red Run Station at 10630 Red Run Blvd. was tossed out of Baltimore County Circuit […]
What People Are Saying About Us
We appreciate the transparent approach recommended by Smith, Gildea & Schmidt to our rezoning request. It paved the way for the enthusiastic public support which was so important to our success with the County Council.
– BRIAN GIBBONS, GREENBERG GIBBONS
We appreciate Smith, Gildea & Schmidt’s commitment to open community dialogue throughout the zoning process.
– CHERYL AARON, GREATER GREENSPRING ASSOCIATION
The best presentation of evidence I’ve ever seen in a family law trial.
– HONORABLE RUTH ANN JAKUBOWSKI
I wanted to extend a heartfelt thanks to Larry Schmidt and his team of clerks and paralegals in orchestrating our recent victory on appeal overturning our forest conservation violation. Smith, Gildea & Schmidt represents to me the acme of the legal profession in Greater Baltimore. We greatly appreciate the efforts of these tireless men and women.
– MICHAEL ADAMS