Smith, Gildea & Schmidt is a regional law firm with 11 lawyers whose practice areas include complex civil litigation, land use, estates and trusts, business law, governmental affairs, and domestic relations, among others. The firm's clients range from multinational corporations to individuals with particular legal needs. The practice encompasses most of the jurisdictions in the State of Maryland and the complex civil litigation section has vast courtroom experience in both the federal and state courts.
- Jason T. Vettori, a partner of Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS), a regional law firm with offices in Towson and Baltimore, was recently re-elected President of the Greater Towson Committee (GTC). GTC is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization founded in 1979 to promote investment in Towson through development and revitalization of property and infrastructure […]
- Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS), a regional law firm with offices in Towson and Baltimore, is pleased to announce that Michael Bowman has joined the firm as an associate attorney. Prior to joining SGS, Bowman was an associate attorney for 11 years at Wexler Wallace LLP, a Chicago-based litigation firm, where he specialized in […]
- Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC (SGS), a regional law firm with offices in Towson and Baltimore, is pleased to announce that William Rodowsky has joined the firm as an associate in the Estates and Trusts department. Rodowsky earned a B.A. from University of Delaware, graduating cum laude with a double-major in Psychology and English – […]
- On June 1, 2017, members of the Baltimore County Bar Association, along with some friends and valued sponsors, took part in one of the greatest annual events at Rocky Point Golf Course. The weather was perfect and the course was in great shape. To quote Jeff Bell, the Head Golf Professional, “With all the rain […]
- The Estates & Trust Committee of the Baltimore County Bar Association celebrated its third annual dinner on May 24th at the Country Club of Maryland. The event was chaired by Mariela C. D’Alessio of Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC, the incoming vice chair of the committee. The event was well attended with over thirty (30) […]
- Many small business owners anticipate transitioning their business to the next generation. This generational transitioning is one of the hardest obstacles that a business will face. Which family members have the right skills sets and, as importantly, the desire? Are they going to be ready for these role(s) at the time that you need them? […]
- How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out) With all of the changes surrounding social media and email, it’s critical to get up to speed on the latest rules, procedures and case law. Our family law partner, Michael DeHaven, will be teaching part of a full-day, cutting-edge course […]
What People Are Saying About Us
We appreciate the transparent approach recommended by Smith, Gildea & Schmidt to our rezoning request. It paved the way for the enthusiastic public support which was so important to our success with the County Council.
– BRIAN GIBBONS, GREENBERG GIBBONS
We appreciate Smith, Gildea & Schmidt’s commitment to open community dialogue throughout the zoning process.
– CHERYL AARON, GREATER GREENSPRING ASSOCIATION
The best presentation of evidence I’ve ever seen in a family law trial.
– HONORABLE RUTH ANN JAKUBOWSKI
I wanted to extend a heartfelt thanks to Larry Schmidt and his team of clerks and paralegals in orchestrating our recent victory on appeal overturning our forest conservation violation. Smith, Gildea & Schmidt represents to me the acme of the legal profession in Greater Baltimore. We greatly appreciate the efforts of these tireless men and women.
- MICHAEL ADAMS